As an non-profit organization our fundraisers and events offer us the opportunity to increase community awareness. The financial resources raised are critical to us continuing to provide free comprehensive services.
HAWC's Annual Working to Heal Breakfast is an opportunity for us to highlight a specific program and bring forth the voice of a client. Staff, community members, collaborating partners, funders and others gather together to hear the true impact of HAWC services for a survivor of domestic violence.
The annual Walk/Run for HAWC is our largest and longest running fundraising event. It is also an opportunity to send a loud and clear message of celebration for those who have freed themselves from abuse, support for those still working toward freedom, and honor for those who remember a loved one who lost their life to violence. This outdoor event is a perfect opportunity for students and people of all ages to get involved.
- 2/06/2017: 25th Annual Walk for HAWC Welcomes Stephen J. Feron as Committee Chair
- 1/24/2017: Herrington ‘honored’ for opportunity to lead HAWC
- 1/20/2017: HAWC Names Paula Herrington Permanent Executive Director, Terminates Employment of Rachel Morgan
- 10/25/2016: HAWC’s Working to Heal Breakfast Exceeds Goal by $10K
- 8/04/2016: Celebrate Life Through Softball to Benefit HAWC
- 8/02/2016: HAWC Responds to Recent Domestic Violence Tragedy in Salem
- 4/25/2016: HAWC Announces Departure of Executive Director; Appoints Interim Leader
- 1/29/2016: Local Domestic Violence Service Providers Reach Out to Community in Peabody as They Mourn the Death of Elisete Benevides
- 11/11/2015: HAWC’s Response to Recent Tragedy in Lynn
- 10/30/2015: HAWC Welcomes new Director of Community Programs & Partnerships
- 10/28/2015: HAWC’s Working to Heal Breakfast Raises Nearly $40,000!
- 8/25/2015: HAWC Kicks Off Back to School Drive!
- 8/17/2015: HAWC Receives $2,500 Grant from KIPP Academy of Lynn
- 6/30/2015: Three new Members Join HAWC’s Board
- 6/17/2015: Volunteers Warmly Appreciated at Annual Celebration
- 5/06/2015: 23rd WALK for HAWC Brings in More than $100K
- 3/02/2015: Eastern Bank Charitable Foundation Sponsors 2015 Walk as Lead Sponsor
- 11/10/2014: HAWC Awarded $5,000 Grant from Verizon
- 10/23/2014: Annual Breakfast Exceeds Goal!
- 9/18/2014: HAWC Hires New Director of Development
- 5/14/2014: Cummings Foundation’s Award
- 10/07/2013: HAWC Board Names Anthony DiPietro Executive Director