Development Operations Manager
October 16, 2023
Healing Abuse Working for Change, Inc., creates social change by taking action against personal and societal patterns of violence and oppression. Since 1978, HAWC has provided free services and support to victims of domestic abuse on Massachusetts’ North Shore to help them make informed, independent decisions about their futures. More information is available at www.hawcdv.org.
The Development Operations Manager is responsible for all administrative aspects of development and communication activities. The Manager plays an important role by providing administrative support and participation in all fundraising activities including donor relations, marketing and communications, direct mail appeals, and special events. This 20 hour/week position reports to the Director of Development and is compensated at $27/hour with a flexible schedule with a requirement to attend all required staff meetings and fundraising events at a variety of times, including some evenings and weekends. The position has flexible hybrid work location including remote and in person office hours.
Position Requirements & Responsibilities
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Create monthly fundraising reports and dashboards
- Manage relationships on the database and communicate accordingly with various stakeholders (Board of Directors, Executive Director, and the Director of Development) for updates
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual constituent files on donor database and event tracking database
- Reconcile donations with the Finance Department monthly
- Handle administrative details associated with annual events
- Coordinate productions and mailing of appeal letters
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events
- Provide general office support including: responding to inquiries and managing department inbox
- Assist supervisor and team with research, outreach, and special projects as needed.
- Design and send donor e-newsletter
- Manage peer-to-peer giving campaigns
- Create social media posts
- Manage end of year tax receipts
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development
- Complete HAWC’s 25 hour pre-service training for new staff and volunteers
- Able to flex hours to meet position responsibilities
Preferred Characteristics & Experience
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to connect with donors and other stakeholders to help resolve their issues
- Ability to work under pressure and meet critical deadlines
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Strong team orientation and ability to foster a positive work environment
- Proficiency in Google Workspace (formerly Google Suite); Database management experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit development office
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- A self-starter, data and deadline driven, and ability to multi-task with solid organizational and time-management skills
HAWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, LGBTQ people, bicultural and bilingual people, people with disabilities, and survivors of partner abuse are encouraged to apply. HAWC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender or gender identity,
familial status, disability, ancestry, age, marital status, public assistance status, sexual orientation, veteran history/military status, genetic information or membership in any group protected by federal and state law.
Please email cover letter and resume to Julie Gerraughty at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Operations Manager” in the subject line or mail to HAWC Attn: Julie Gerraughty, 27 Congress St. Ste. 1204, Salem, MA 01970.