September 1, 2023
Healing Abuse Working for Change, Inc., creates social change by taking action against personal and societal patterns of violence and oppression. Since 1978, HAWC has provided free services and support to victims of domestic abuse on Massachusetts’ North Shore to help them make informed, independent decisions about their futures. More information is available at www.hawcdv.org.
This full time, 40 hour/week manager-level position is responsible for developing and distributing homelessness prevention and affordable housing information and resources to HAWC clients. The Housing Navigator will host workshops, both virtually and in person, for survivors on a variety of housing benefits such as Section 8, RAFT, etc. They will collaborate with HAWC staff to support individual clients in developing a housing stabilization plan. Representing HAWC at community and provider meetings, the Housing Navigator will ensure appropriate advocacy for the housing needs of survivors.
This is a salaried position in the range of $55,000-$65,000 with considerations given to bilingual language skills ($1,500 annually) and experience. Following satisfactory completion of the first 60 days of the 120 day probationary period, this position is hybrid with regular in- office work required. This position is supervised by HAWC’s Director of Programs and Community Partnerships. The work schedule will be flexible with a requirement to attend all required staff meetings and host housing clinics at a variety of times, including some evenings and weekends.
Summary of Benefits
- 3 weeks of vacation per year during first year; increases at year 5, carryover of 2 weeks
- 13 Holidays off per year
- 13 Sick days per year
- 5 Personal days per year
- 70% Health Insurance paid by HAWC
- 70% Dental Insurance paid by HAWC
- 70% Paid Family & Medical Leave paid by HAWC
- 100% Short & Long Term Disability paid by HAWC
- 100% Employee Assistance Plan paid by HAWC
- 100% paid Life Insurance (1x annual salary up to $50,000)
- Health Reimbursement Account (HAWC pays first 50% of deductible)
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K plan
- Bilingual in Spanish & English/Bicultural Preferred
- In-depth knowledge of housing resources and affordable housing programs, requirements and regulations
- Familiarity with North Shore community agencies and resources, particularly those related to housing and homelessness
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with attention to detail
- Computer proficiency
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong professional collaboration and advocacy skills
- Commitment to promoting cultural humility and social justice values
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Motivated and resourceful
- Complete HAWC’s 25 hour pre-service training for new staff and volunteers
- Able to flex hours to meet position responsibilities
Position Requirements & Responsibilities
- Remains current with information about available housing resources and support options for clients throughout the HAWC service area
- Develops and maintains relationships with transitional housing programs, housing authorities, landlords, and other housing resources.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive housing resource directory
- Designs and conducts workshops for HAWC clients regarding housing resources and how to apply for various housing benefits.
- Designs and conducts training for HAWC staff regarding housing resources
- Assists program participants with accessing housing stabilization and homelessness prevention funds
- Collects and reports program data, including but not limited to, data required for HAWC database and funders
- Provides outreach and education to community partners on housing options for individuals and families experiencing domestic violence
- Represents the agency at meetings with community collaborators and at other events as needed, and communicates status to agency leadership Works as a team player with other program and agency staff
- Participates in coverage of HAWC’s 24/7 emergency hotline and back up manager rotation
- Attends regular supervision, staff meetings and trainings
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor and agency
- Ensure that all activities, supports and programs through HAWC are conducted in a manner that is sensitive to and shows respect for the cultural and ethnic diversity for all HAWC participants
- Ability to work in the office and remotely in compliance with Remote Work Policy, as public health requires
HAWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, LGBTQ people, bicultural and bilingual people, people with disabilities, and survivors of partner abuse are encouraged to apply. HAWC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender or gender identity, familial status, disability, ancestry, age, marital status, public assistance status, sexual orientation, veteran history/military status, genetic information or membership in any group protected by federal and state law.
Please email cover letter and resume to Jillian Nebesar at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Housing Navigator” in the subject line or mail to HAWC Attn: Jillian Nebesar, 27 Congress St. Ste. 1204, Salem, MA 01970.