Position Title: Shelter Program Manager Date: 1/16/18
Reports to: Director of Programs
HAWC, Healing Abuse, Working for Change, Inc., creates social change by taking action against personal and societal patterns of violence and oppression. For the past 40 years, HAWC has provided free services and support to victims of domestic abuse on Massachusetts’ North Shore to help them make informed, independent decisions about their futures.
HAWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and survivors of partner abuse are encouraged to apply.
Programs at the shelter are partially funded by the Salem CDBG.
Position Summary: This full-time position supervises all aspects of the emergency shelter for families and individuals in flight from domestic violence. The Shelter Manager provides supervision for shelter parents and children as well as shelter staff. The Shelter Manager also oversees the safety and upkeep of the shelter facility.
- Previous supervisory and program management experience
- Knowledge of domestic violence issues
- Excellent writing skills and ability to work on deadline
- Ability to chair meetings, coordinate teamwork, delegate tasks
- and great interpersonal skills
- Organization and administrative skill with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer experience, especially Word and Excel
- Prior management experience with overseeing residential facility
- Experience in multi-cultural settings and in developing multi-cultural programs
- Bi-lingual/bi-cultural capacity preferred
- Supervises and supports Shelter advocates, relief staff and shelter interns
- Supervises shelter programs (children’s services, advocacy, program curricula and camp program)
- Leads Shelter Based Service team in the development and implementation of all direct services including hotline procedures, On Call, one on one advocacy and support groups
- Leads Shelter Based Service team in addressing strategic planning initiatives
- Expands HAWC’s community relations in housing resources, other community agencies and referrals
- Manages the shelter schedule to insure 24 hour staff coverage and shelter intakes
- Supervises the shelter facility for needs assessments of safety, repairs and maintenance needs
- Supervises shelter safety procedures and protocols for shelter clients and staff
- Supervises client data, record keeping and the audit of shelter files
- Ensures shelter reports are submitted timely to funders and accounting department
- Participates in and oversees training contents of all shelter staff
- Attends regular supervision, leadership meetings, monthly staff meetings
- Participates in after-hours shelter needs
- Able to flex hours to meet the needs of the position
- Presents HAWC’s shelter services to various community groups as needed
Please send all resumes with cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org