Position Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Effective Date: 1/1/2020
Team: Prevention and Education
Reports To: Senior Manager of Educational Programming
Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This part-time position is responsible for recruiting and training volunteers. The coordinator is responsible for facilitating HAWC’s 30 hour volunteer training on a quarterly basis, or as needed. The coordinator supervises HAWC hotline volunteers. The Volunteer coordinator conducts outreach and presentations, in HAWC’s service area, to increase community awareness and volunteer engagement of the agency.
- Experience as a volunteer organizer or comparable experience
- Commitment/experience working with survivors of domestic violence and promoting social justice
- Experience providing direct services to individuals experiencing crisis, hardship, homelessnees, and abuse
- Outgoing and strong at building and maintaining individual and community relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills with volunteers, staff, clients and the community
- Excellent oral, written and public speaking skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to hold professional boundaries and honor privacy of those we serve
- Must have a valid MA license and reliable vehicle
- Bilingual/Bicultural strongly preferred
- Actively recruit volunteers for all programs within HAWC
- Increase awareness of HAWC and fosters relationships with North Shore communities, institutions, and organizations through outreach events, community programs, networking and presentations
- With training, provide crisis support, advocacy and referral services to survivors of domestic violence by phone and in the office as needed.
- Manage and maintain volunteer database, to include application, interview, background
check process, and training certification
- Support Senior Manager of Educational Programming with education and training initiatives
- Organize and co-facilitate 30 hour volunteer trainings with Senior Manager of Educational Programming
- Complete statistical data forms
- Implement on-going training/educational support for volunteers
- Manage the 24 hour hotline on-call schedule and communication with answering service
- Participate in staffing 24 hour hotline
- Attend regular supervision, team meetings and all staff meetings
- Put into practice workplace and team values
- Ability to flex hours to meet position responsibilities
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit a criminal background check. HAWC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender or gender identity, familial status, disability, ancestry, age, marital status, public assistance status; any questions, regarding 504 compliance, please contact the Director of Operations.
Job Type: Part-time