Healing Abuse Working for Change
Healing Abuse Working for Change, Inc., creates social change by taking action against personal and societal patterns of violence and oppression. For the past 40 years, HAWC has provided free services and support to victims of domestic abuse on Massachusetts’ North Shore to help them make informed, independent decisions about their futures. More information is available at www.hawcdv.org.
Job Description: Financial Assistant
Date: March 29, 2021
This part time, 5-10 hours/week position is responsible for providing administrative financial support to the agency. Responsibilities include processing accounts payable invoices, credit card reconciliation and entering journal entries into financial software. Position also provides administrative and project support to the Director of Finance and Administration. This is an hourly position in the range of $22-25/hour with considerations given to skills and experience. This position is based out of HAWC’s Salem office and is supervised by HAWC’s Director of Finance and Administration.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with attention to detail
- Computer proficiency
- 2 or more years of experience with Quickbooks
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects at once
- Motivated and resourceful
- Commitment to promoting cultural humility and social justice values
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff, including non-financial staff
- Experience with non-profit accounting preferred
- Complete HAWC’s 30 hour pre-service training for new staff and volunteers
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Process Accounts Payable invoices into Bill.com
- Collect receipts and other financial back up and enter data into Quick Books
- Perform journal entries into Quickbooks
- Reconciliation of credit card account
- Assist with grant billings
- Supports Director of Finance on various projects
HAWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. HAWC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender or gender identity, familial status, disability, ancestry, age, marital status, public assistance status or genetic information. Survivors, people who are bilingual/bicultural, persons of color, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ+ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email cover letter and resume to Kristin Barry at Accounting@hawcdv.org with “Financial Assistant” in the subject line or mail to HAWC Attn: Director of Finance & Administration, 27 Congress St. Ste. 204, Salem, MA 01970.