For those able to commit to a year and can dedicate at least 4 hours a week on a regular basis, the following opportunities are available. All direct service roles require completion of 27+ hours of training offered a few times a year as a hybrid of live/virtual sessions, pre-recordings, and independent learning.
- VOCA Court Volunteer Assist individuals seeking restraining and harassment orders in Gloucester and Peabody District courts as needed. (Must be available M-F, 8:30-1 or 2-4:30)
- SAFEPLAN Court Volunteer Assist individuals seeking protective orders in Salem and Lynn District courts, as well as Essex County Family and Probate.
- Hotline Advocacy: Answering calls on HAWC’s 24 hour hotline, for 4 or 5 hour shifts between 8 AM and 9 PM, Monday to Sunday.
- Engaging/Mentoring children of survivors at the court houses and at the shelter.
- COAT: Community Outreach Ambassador Team
Please complete a volunteer application or email firstname.lastname@example.org if these opportunities interest you! ***Please be assured that your application is essential, even if we cannot respond right away. Our volunteer program is robust, but we have limited staff capacity to respond and assign roles/projects. Thank you for understanding!