A Word From Our Executive Director
For the past 40 years, corporate partners like you have helped HAWC raise awareness about domestic abuse and provide free and confidential services to survivors on the North Shore.
As we commit to creating a truly safe and healthy future for all, we know that wellness is interconnected: by helping someone in need, the helper increases their own well-being; by promoting civic engagement for employees, employers benefit from staff that are enriched and fulfilled. By coming together to end violence and oppression, the entire community will thrive.
This year, we are launching an Annual Corporate Partnership program to make it easy and efficient for you to partner with HAWC. We offer streamlined opportunities for you to engage in a one-time annual commitment that both increases your impact and offers dynamic engagement opportunities throughout the year.
HAWC’s 2019 Corporate Partners
Annual Corporate Partnership Packages
Small Business Partnerships
Companies with 25 or fewer employees and nonprofits
Corporate Engagement Opportunities
As a business leader, you are committed to ensuring that your employees feel engaged and inspired. We would love to partner with you on one or more of the opportunities below. Or, we’d love to hear from you if you have a project or skillset in mind!
- Adopt a Shelter Room. Volunteers can put their interior decorating skills to work by making a bedroom in our Emergency Shelter feel more like home.
- Adopt a Play Space. Volunteers can enhance a play space at one of our community offices so that children have a comforting and engaging environment to play in.
- Assemble Welcome Baskets. Your group can put together baskets for clients who are transitioning into our shelter. The baskets will include essential items, such as a toothbrush, toiletries, socks and underwear, and a comforting toy for kids.
- Help us throw a “Kid Celebration.” A volunteer group can collect supplies and set up for a fun celebration for the children residing in our Emergency Shelter.
- Volunteer in our Holiday Program. During the holiday season, your volunteers can help HAWC put together gift bags of donated toys, games, clothes and more for over 100 families in our program.
- Assemble Camp Bags. Help us collect and assemble camp bags for the children in our programs with items such as sunscreen, a water bottle, bug spray, and more!
- Sponsor a movie night. Volunteers can assemble baskets for each person residing in our Emergency Shelter. Baskets could include items such as popcorn, candy, and a DVD.
How your partnership supports the community
As a business leader, you know that domestic abuse is, by necessity, all of our business.
- The economic cost of intimate partner violence exceeds $8.3 billion per year
- Victims lose a total of 8 million days of paid work per year
- Approximately 15.5 million children in the U.S. live in families in which intimate partner violence occurs at least once annually
By becoming an Annual Corporate Partner, you are sending a strong message to the community: You are committed to being a part of the solution. In turn, as an Annual Corporate Partner, you will attract both consumers and employees who are eager to engage with socially responsible businesses.
HAWC is an ideal non-profit for your business. A local grassroots organization with a stellar reputation for subject-area expertise, HAWC concluded Fiscal Year 2018 in strong financial health. The impact of your partnership will be amplified by state, federal and private foundations who also support our work. For more information about HAWC’s financial overview, please review our profile on Guidestar.org.