HAWC offers a wide variety of presentations to both the public and private sector. All presentations are tailored to the audience’s particular needs. Trainings can range from one to two hours, depending on the topic. A general presentation includes the definition of domestic violence, types of abuse, cycle of violence, safety planning, and HAWC services.
HAWC provides these presentations at a fee for service for contracts and negotiations of sessions. Please contact our Salem Office 978-744-8552.
- Domestic Violence and HAWC Services
- Domestic Violence Danger Assessment and Safety
- Domestic Violence in a Medical Setting
- Legal advocacy to Victims of Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence within LGBTQ community
- The Impact of Domestic Violence on Children
- Cultural Competent Services to Victims of Domestic Violence
HAWC staff is also available to staff informational tables at public events. Please contact our Salem Office at 978-744-8552 to learn more.
Youth Outreach Program
By teaching methods such as the youth bystander approach, HAWC empowers youth to know the signs of domestic abuse and how to ask for help if they or someone they know may be experiencing violence.
Violent relationships in adolescence often put victims at higher risk for substance abuse, eating disorders, risky sexual behavior, and also makes them more likely to enter into a violent relationship again when they mature.*
Our HAWC youth outreach educator can come to your school or agency and provide training to your staff or youth constituents on the different types of relationship violence and the services that may be available to them. We can offer:
- School- or agency-wide anti-violence training
- Support groups
- Custom-made presentations based on issues specific to your organization (such as self-esteem or bullying)
- Healthy relationships presentations
If you are interested in learning more about this program, please contact us at 978.744.8552.
* Data from the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA)