Making an Impact: Volunteers
Volunteers are KEY & as a Volunteer at HAWC you will:
- Directly impact your community & raise awareness about domestic violence.
- Build deep connections with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Develop valuable professional skills such as advocacy, peer counseling, community outreach and legal service navigation.
- Be valued for your skills, time and efforts as part of an amazing team!
Whether you have one afternoon or can make a deeper time commitment working on the hotline, in courts or at the shelter, it all matters. For those with who do engage directly with clients, there are 30 hours of required training done live, virtually and independently. Here you’ll gain valuable skills, engage in thoughtful reflection and learn how to effectively approach working with DV/IPV survivors.
We anticipate presenting another full round of pre-service training in late February/early March. However, we do have the capability to offer a hybrid model for training on a case by case basis for those ready to begin! Please inquire by emailing Deborah Engler, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Currently, we have the need for:
Volunteers for Court Advocacy (must be available weekdays, 8:30-1 or 2-4:30).
Volunteers to spend time with children of survivors at Lynn, Salem and Peabody District Courts. (during court hours).
- Engaging with or teaching creative arts/performing arts to shelter family children (at the shelter–late afternoon/evenings/weekends).
Assistance with data entry & post court follow-up for legal advocacy clients.
- Programmatic & Administrative assistance for the Direct Service Team, Development/Fundraising, and IT.
Ready to volunteer?? Fill out an application HERE and begin taking action today!
Bring the whole crew!
Turn your volunteer experience into a social activity by bringing your family, friends, and co-workers along! In the office, at the shelter, or during special events, HAWC can use all the hands it can get! HAWC offers many opportunities for workplace activism, but if you want your group to get involved in other ways, let us know!