Making an Impact: Volunteers
Welcome to HAWC Volunteering, where passion meets purpose. We invite you to join our dedicated team of volunteers committed to making a positive impact on the lives of those affected by domestic violence.
When you volunteer with HAWC, you are supporting safer communities, empowering survivorship, and strengthening our capacity to create lasting change for domestic violence survivors. Together, we can break the cycle of abuse and empower individuals on their journey towards healing and independence.
Why Volunteer with Us?
- Make a Difference: As a volunteer, you can make a real and tangible difference in the lives of survivors. Your time and skills can contribute to creating a safe and nurturing environment for those who need it most.
- Supportive Community: Joining our volunteer team means becoming part of a supportive community that shares a common goal. You’ll collaborate with like-minded individuals, fostering connections and friendships that go beyond your volunteer experience.
- Skill Development: Volunteering with our agency provides an excellent opportunity for skill development. Whether you’re interested in crisis intervention, advocacy, or community outreach, we offer training and resources to enhance your abilities and broaden your knowledge.
- Raise Awareness: By volunteering, you become an advocate for change. Help raise awareness about domestic violence, strengthen survivors’ access to services, and build a community of allies.
You can start your journey by completing our volunteer application. Volunteer Application
Choose Your Role: HAWC offers multiple ways to volunteer:
- Direct Service Roles: Hotline and Legal Court Advocacy (either or both!)
- Events: Holiday Drive, Walk for HAWC, Working to Heal Breakfast & More
- As a member of the Community Outreach Ambassador Team
- Short Term Administrative and Office Projects
Highlights of HAWC Volunteer Program Includes:
Training and Orientation: HAWC highly values training and mentoring volunteers, regardless of position or role. Direct Service volunteers receive 30+ hours of training plus regular supervision and support. For those who choose to volunteer at an event or shorter-term admin projects, you too will learn about HAWC & the basics of domestic and intimate partner violence.
Appreciation and Flexibility: We understand that your time is valuable. Whether you can commit a few hours a week or have a more flexible schedule, we appreciate every contribution. Your commitment helps us maintain a consistent and reliable support system for survivors.
Volunteers are VALUED, APPRECIATED, SUPPORTED & KEY MEMBERS of the HAWC Team!
Join HAWC in the fight against domestic violence. Together, we can create a community where everyone feels safe, heard, and supported. Your dedication as a volunteer is a crucial step towards building a brighter future for those affected by domestic violence. Apply today and be a catalyst for change!
For questions or to learn more, please email Deborah Engler, Community Collaborations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.