Beginning Monday, March 16, the Gloucester schools will provide lunch for ALL students who are in need of a meal.
- Meals will be available between 11:00 am and 12:00 pm Monday through Friday
- Meals will be located at the Veteran’s and Beeman Elementary schools.
- This will be a “grab and go” operation. In other words, bag lunches will be handed out with the expectation that lunch will be eaten at home or off site;
- Meals will be given out at the side door next to the cafeteria; look for the sign.
- Families can drive by and they will receive lunch, or individuals can walk up to the door and receive a meal.
- Meals will consist of a sandwich, a fruit, a vegetable, and milk.
The Open Door Markets
The Open Door (Gloucester) is making every effort to keep our programs operating during this COVID-19 (Coronavirus) event, however, we must make some adjustments. Please review these changes, and check back here or on our Facebook page for updates:
- Second Glance Thrift Store: CLOSED, effective immediately, though March 29; no shopping or donations
- Gloucester Food Pantry: normal hours
- Ipswich Community Food Pantry: normal hours
- Community Meals: take-out only, as of March 16
- Emerson Market: suspended until further notice
- Senior Markets: suspended until further notice
- On Your Mark: suspended until further notice
- Senior Soup & Salad (at Rose Baker): suspended until further notice
- Mobile Markets are suspended, with the exception of the Millbrook Park Market, which will have a modified distribution.